Tuesday 7 May 2013

The Master Cleanse- Day 6

I'm feeling a little concerned and disconcerted this morning. I took a laxative tea last night and lay there, unable to sleep, until around midnight, my innards squelching and gurgling in a way that assured me the senna was working. For those of you who are worried about taking a laxative, don't be. This isn't a painful sensation; in fact, it's rather interesting. So, when I woke up this morning to go for a pee, I expected a bowel movement too. Only, there hasn't been one. It feels like I need to go, but I just can't. It's not quite constipation; there's no pain and, since I'm not eating solids, it's unlikely to be a back-up of food, but that's the problem. Psychologically, I'm imagining a whole load of dislodged waste that wants to get out of my system, but is failing at the last hurdle. I wrote that for the pat few days I've skipped the laxative tea in the morning due to inconvenience, but today I had one anyway. Who cares if I'm rushing back and forth to the bathroom all day? Well, I do actually, but it's better than leaving my cleansing half finished. Currently, I'm sat at my computer, feet on the windowsill, listening to the gurglings of this morning's tea, and hoping that, combined with last nights installment, I'm in for a good bit of purging. On the plus side, and I've only just noticed this, but my nose isn't itching anymore. That's a turn up for the books at least. I've googled causes of mid-Master Cleanse constipation to find it's relatively common and reasonably treatable. The general consensus on the forums seems to be that, whilst many people will experience many large bowel movements across the 10 days, other people might pass mainly liquid, in smaller amounts. I'm trying to stay hydrated so I don't absorb all my water into my system; since normal constipation is often aided by drinking more water, I'm hoping this one will be too. And hell, the two doses of senna tea in just over 12 hours should be kicking in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment