Saturday 4 May 2013

Not the hardest day...

Given all the posts on the internet, I'd expected Day 3 of the Master Cleanse to be extremely difficult. It's pitched by many as the 'wall' most cleansers have to overcome. Well, touchwood, I haven't seemed to face that issue at all so far. I woke up on day three and went almost immediately to the bathroom, where my stool (sorry!!) was yellowy-green and mostly liquid. Having resolved to never again attempt the Salt Water Flush, I made myself another laxative tea and drank it for breakfast. The advantage of avoiding the Salt Water Flush is that you can get on almost immediately with drinking as you please. Whereas the flush requires a wait of an hour and a half before you drink your first lemonade, this morning I drank my first glass after my tea. That was the advantage. The disadvantage was that, for whatever reason, my system reacted to the tea much quicker and more, effectively, than it ever has before. It's a good thing I didn't have any reason to go out today, but in the future, I think I'll be skipping the morning laxative altogether unless I'm completely sure I can stay indoors. My waste was liquid and almost-lime green; I'm given to believe that this is something to do with bile? The cayenne pepper has made going to the bathroom painful. If you are going to exceed 1/10 of a teaspoon in your cups of lemonade, I'd stock up on baby-wipes, because even if you can handle the spiciness going in, it might be a bit more burn-y coming out. Sorry for the slightly gross warning, but I wish I'd read that somewhere before I started over-doing the pepper. Apart from the difficulties in the bathroom, and the frankly alarming frequency and urgentness of my visits, this day hasn't been so bad. I only feel hungry now, in the evening. In fact, I'm having a bit of trouble making myself hungry enough for 6 drinks a day and a lot of water. I suppose it must be something to do with the stomach shrinking, but I have been forcing myself to keep drinking because I know it's for the best, especially if I'm not taking two laxatives a day. Oooh, finally, I have to say that I've managed to make it through an Insanity workout whilst on the lemonade diet. I mentioned before that I was a little bit nervous of over-exerting myself, but actually I found the whole thing really nice. I'm not used to not working out, and I suppose that's what made me want to give it a go, but I managed to beat most of my previous rep. targets and stay conscious and alive. Hooray!! It's amazing what the body can do on such little energy. It really makes me wonder what I was doing with all that comfort food before. See you tomorrow!! Day four, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment